Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

What causes osteopenia and what medication can effectively treat it ?

my dad,40, has stiffness in his back and pain in the elbow on twisting it. he also has pins and needles near thighs and near palms. the doctor said he had osteopenia , but even after having 40 calcium supplements , he didn t improve. please help.......
Asked On : Fri, 4 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Go for bone mineral density test called Dexa scan.This will reveal if there is fault in bone density.
Xray of wrist and spine will also reveal bone texture to be able to say anything about osteopenia.There is treatment with calcium , Vitamin D and diet plans rich in calcium (milk and dairy products, Green vegetables,fruits)
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
thank you for the inquiry. youmay try the following ayurveda medicines for one year

1.zeo tone tab.2-0-2-

2.zeo ton cap. 2-0-2-

these medicines are manufactured by aryavaidya nilayam.
Answered: Fri, 23 Mar 2012
  Anonymous's Response
You can give him one banana per day and a glass of milk everyday for 15-20 days .It contains calcium in natural form so it is well absorbed by the body.

Moreover you can give him medicine rhustox 30 4 tabs 4 times in a day for 15 days ,it will relieve the pain and stiffness of osteopenia and also help in reducing sensation of numbness.


dr jignesh
Answered: Fri, 4 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor