What causes numbness?

I woke this morning with my right earlobe and the inside of my ear numb and now not only is it still numb but now my right check and under my chin on the right side are numb too. My neck is somewhat numb but it hurts too and if I scratch or touch my neck or collarbone I have a shooting pain up my neck and it goes up to my earlobe. My right arm isn t numb but it feels heavy. I have never had this happen before so I don t know whether to be concerned or not.
Wed, 29 Apr 2015
Hi.
History of right earlobe and the inside of my ear numb and now not only is it still numb but now my right check and under my chin on the right side are numb too. My neck is somewhat numb but it hurts too and if I scratch or touch my neck or collarbone I have a shooting pain up my neck and it goes up to my earlobe noted.

This looks to be a problem related to the Trigeminal Nerve.
Consult an ENT for clinical evaluation, examination and investigations.
This will give a probable diagnosis and a plan for treatment.