What causes numbness on the fingers?

I smoked meth about 2 months ago, which was combined with excessive masturbation for hours on end.....now my fingers on both hands are experiencing numbness.......they have been half way numb since the drug use......am now sober.....but wonder if I have done permanent damage.
Thu, 23 Feb 2017
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Problems with nerves follow patterns. The ends of the fingers are hit the most when nerves are sick rather than with direct nerve injury (which would be very hard to do to that many areas).
Causes of sick nerves include heavy metal poisoning such as in contaminated material being injected, b12 deficiency, folate deficiency (common in alcoholism), thyroid disease, electrolyte problems, or even just hyper ventilation. Most of these get close to entirely better eventually (salt, mineral and acidity/hyperventialation effects can change in a day).