What causes numbness in the right foot along with tight sensation in the calf?

If I m standing upright, and try to lift my right foot from the heel, the foot won t cooperate. If I m sitting and try to raise my foot, I can lift it up about 50% of the way. Feels like dead weight and as if my foot is just about to fall asleep. Tightness in calf muscle close to the shin.
Tue, 24 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

-Apply an ice pack in 20-minute intervals may also help.
-take OTC medications: Calf pain can also be soothed from taking common pain relievers such as ibuprofen or naproxen.
-Light stretching can help ease calf pain. After the symptoms subside slightly, you should stretch your calf muscles.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.