• question-icon

What causes numbness in the mouth and throbbing headache?

Hello Doctor, My name is Careyanne Johnson I am a 21 year old female. I am growing concerned with my well being because I have been experiencing some foreign symptoms. Starting with today the right side of my mouth has been partially numb for going on several hours now & I am having throbbing headache that comes and goes behind the back of my lower head & temples. Just a couple days ago my toes (on the right side again) were numb as well. I have also been having sharp, deep chest pains for a few months now. At first I thought it could maybe be heart burn but realized it is a much different ache. I think its safe to say the chest pains have grown more frequent because I m counting them every day now instead of once or twice a week. The only other symptoms I can think of is my ears will ring every now and then but still more so then I would think is normal. & I feel like I have poor circulation to my legs cause sometimes they feel stiff, however I also have a job where I stand without sitting for up to 8 hours a day. I have had Health issues in the past where I would become very light headed, my vision would go black, and I sometimes would faint. the fainting spells never lasted more then 5 mins. I was only unconscious for 30 seconds to 1 min. I have seen a neurologist and he conducted many tests, an MRI or brain scan being one of them. My results were all negative. The dr. did refer me to a cardiologist that I never went to. My fear is I may have a stroke or heart attack please help!
Wed, 16 Jan 2019

Numbness is a symptom of MS(Multiple Sclerosis), this occurs due to the damage to the nerves as the immune system of your body attacks the fibers that protect your nerves.

Infection of Shingles also causes pain & numbness on one side of the face, TIA is a warning sign of the stroke.

Get evaluated, get blood tests done, CT, MRI if required spinal tab to detect the pathology causing the symptoms. Neglect may result in worsening of the symptoms. Get treated at the earliest.

Stay away from addictions if any. Avoid stress & sedentary life. Take homemade food & vitamin supplements.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Nupur K, General & Family Physician