What causes numbness and tingling sensation in legs and arms?

im a 24 yr old male about 340 lbs i have an herinated disc l5 s1 pinch nerve im experiencing sum numbness or tingling in my legs n arms my chest feels heavy what is going on? i went to the doctor for acid reflux burning in my throat n i mentioned numbenss but they say its not do to the acid reflux.
Thu, 13 May 2021

To avoid discomfort due to acid reflux you should stay well hydrated, take high fiber diet, avoid constipation. You can take laxatives at bed time for better bowel movement. Take antacids and PPIs to ease discomfort due to gastritis. Numbness and tingling that you are experiencing in the legs and arms is due to developing neuropathy. Neuropathy develops due to deficiency of vitamin B6, B12, folic acid, etc.

Take food rich in vitamin B6, B12, you can also take supplements. Get clinically examined by a Neurologist, get nerve function tests, blood analysis, imaging tests done. You will be treated accordingly. You should get connected to a Physical therapist. Do stretch exercises and other therapy (heat and massage therapy) under him.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician