What causes nocturnal cramps in the legs?

what causes nocturnal leg cramps. I will have them in the middle of the night in my calves,in my ankles,in my upper legs. I have had them in both legs at the same time. I believe that I drink almost a gallon of water a day,so it couldn t be dehydration. I do take meds ,and have ruled what I believe anything that would cause this problem.
Wed, 5 Sep 2018

The two possibilities are peripheral occlusive vascular disease and cramps due to dehydration.

You can consult a general surgeon and get an ultrasound scan to assess blood flow to you lower limb.

As of now, drink plenty of water and you can take analgesics like Acetaminophen or Tramadol for pain relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.