What causes nausea and chills along with burning sensation in the esophagus?

I have been having nausea, chills and the feeling that I have swallowed something that just didn't make it down my throat. There is a burning sensation in my esophagus. It passes after I lay down for a little while, but I have noticed more fatigue than previously. I have acid reflux and take omerprozole for that, but this is not the symptoms I had before my reflux was diagnosed.
Fri, 1 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

In severe case of acid peptic disease it is the symptoms as you have stated here, it is the hyperacidity, the given symptoms are due to hyperacidity only and it may not be anything else, Omeprazole is the best drug of choice and it has to be continued for few weeks, great care needs to be taken in diet like avoid taking heavy meal, spicy food, junk food, avoid taking coffee, smoking, alcohol prior to bed.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.