What causes nausea and burping?

thankyou. I go to bed and sleep well, but at 4am I awake with nausea and lie still hoping it will go away, but it doesn t. I find burping helps somewhat. I have had this for a long time. I did have a hyatus hernia (sp?) some years ago. Could it have come back. It was a sliding hernia. It is very miserable having this problem. Rose
Fri, 23 Feb 2018
hi rose , on your history it seems recurrence of hiatus hernia. symptoms may include
Symptoms
Most small hiatal hernias cause no signs or symptoms. But larger hiatal hernias can cause:

Heartburn
Regurgitation of food or liquids into the mouth
Backflow of stomach acid into the esophagus (acid reflux)
Difficulty swallowing
Chest or abdominal pain
Shortness of breath
Vomiting of blood or passing of black stools, which may indicate gastrointestinal bleeding.

Sliding hiatal hernia
This is the more common type of hiatal hernia. It occurs when your stomach and esophagus slide into and out of your chest through the hiatus. Sliding hernias tend to be small. They usually don’t cause any symptoms. They may not require treatment.

since you are complaining of nausea so it's better to consult doctor because nausea , vomiting or unable to pass gas is medical emergency for hiatus hernia .

simple treatment includes :
over-the-counter antacids to neutralize stomach acid
over-the-counter or prescription H2-receptor blockers that lower acid production
over-the-counter or prescription proton pump inhibitors to prevent acid production, giving your esophagus time to heal.

I hope you happy with information thank you .