What causes muscle twitching in lower rib cage after heavy lifting?

I work in the oilfield and do lift a lot of weight. I have a popping or twitching behind my bottom rib on the left side when lifting,stretching and sometimes getting up. Then there is a dull pain for a while. I had a X-ray and it saw nothing. If I push under my rib where the pain is I can sometimes feel something roll or twitch. That seems to give me some relief. Any suggestions appreciated. I do not have insurance.
Fri, 26 Jun 2015
Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully worked through your case, and I can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I assure you not to worry as I will take care all of your medical concerns.

while lifting heavy objects kindly keep a check on your body posture and follow safe lifting techniques. kindly go through this link for more details of manual material handling http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/docs/2007-131/pdfs/2007-131.pdf . for the pain you can take analgesics like tablet diclofenac 50 mg twice daily after food for two days also local application of diclofenac get will help.

Hope it helps. If you need further, detailed and quick assistance related to any health issues in future, feel free to 'ask me a question' directly from my profile.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Best Regards!
Dr. Arunmozhi varman