What causes muscle soreness after prolonged standing or sitting?

Hi, I have tough physical job that I have been doing for over 20years, I often wake up in the morning with sore muscle in the morning. However I am now finding that if I sit down for 20 minutes that sometimes they are already stiff and sore. What can I do to help with this?
Fri, 9 Nov 2018

It is just a muscle cramp arising after prolonged standing. As a first line management, you can take analgesics like Paracetamol or Aceclofenac for pain relief.

Nothing much to worry as the symptoms will settle in a couple of days.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician