What causes muscle pull in the hands and knees along with numbness in the fingers?

I am a 63 year old avid gardener. Two days ago I was on my hands and knees pulling a few weeds when suddenly I began to feel numbness in my fingers on my left hand; and it hasn t gone away yet. It is very similar to what it feels like when my foot falls asleep . There is no real pain, but the tingle is very persistent. Do you have any ideas?
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Tingling in your hands may be due to peripheral neuropathy or traumatic injury nerve which has been not recovered. Avoid pressure on your fingers, take rest , use B12 tablets, use tablet Pregabalin 75 mg once a day for five days. If symptoms not improved please consult your neurophysician he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.