Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
153 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes muscle pain, dizziness and cough?

i had protected anal sex with my boyfriend, who is HIV positive, a week ago. I was the top. however the oral and rimming was not protected, no ejaculation in mouth, only precum, i spit out frequently during oral and rimming. kissing was not protected as well. there was a tiny cut on my upper lip, but not bleeding. my boyfriend has been taking treatment for HIV for about 2 years, his viral load has been less than 20 copies per ml. However, I have been feeling Muscle aches, dizziness, chills, coughing and tired the day after sex. i am only feeling dizzy and lightheaded now. some rash appeared between my fingers and are quite itchy, I applied some bath salt lastnight and they are getting better today and no longer itch. there is a little complication, i have not been feeling well for a week before the sex, and i went to the gym the day before the sex. during the sex, we had the air-conditioning on, so i might get a cold from that and feel worse the next day? so i am not sure whether the symptoms are related to HIV infection or not? can it be this early? i guess it is too late for PEP now? if i get tested now, would the result be any help? or i am just being paranoid? please help me i am going nuts.
Tue, 25 Sep 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

As your partner is HIV positive, so take proper precautions while doing sex. Don't do any unprotected act. It's very to early to say that these symptoms are because of HIV. It may be a viral fever.

Kindly take tablet Tylenol, syrup Benadryl for cough and HIV testing now and after 6 months after physician consultation. You may require antibiotics if you had fever. Keep your self-hydrated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shyam B. Kale,
General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Good evening I am a 30 year old male and I am 6 1 male and just within the last few days I have expierenced my muscles hurt and they have tighten...