What causes muscle pain and weakness ?

What causes muscle pain and weakness ?
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
's  Response
Lots of things can. Flu can cause it. Taking some medicines such as some cholesterol drugs can do it. If this is a problem, ask a doctor.

For months, I have had muscle pain and weakness. I have a pacemaker due to heart block. I also have levels of vitamin b12 and d3. I also have Hashimotos thyroiditis. I am wondering why my joints and muscles are in so much pain! I take Levo thyroxine and b12 and d3 supplements but I am in constant joint pain.

recent creatine kinase test was 199, 10 points over the norm, we did this test because of some muscle pain and cramps that last for days and weakness in the thighs, knees, and calfs. is 10 pts over something to worry about? I have been diagnosed with fm, cfs, and taking statins...???

I got real weak during the night. My joints and muscle were aching and I was sweating a lot. I started vomiting purple. I have bleeding ulcers but I thought that had healed. To day my b/p continues being low. 80/50. My insurance hasn t started yet. I m 61 y.o. Female . Can you help?

Recent questions on  Myalgia

I have a indigestion back pain near and under the back left rib radiating to the front. 5 days ago a took a slight fall, could my back be out of alignment? Also the indigestion pain is agrivated after eating or standing for a long period of time. Should I be concerned with heart, I keep a regular check on my heart & 6 mos. ago it was all okay. I do suffer from Polymyalgia Rheumatica & Fibromyalgia, could that be the cause?

76 years old, 5' 6', weight 150lb. medical history, fibromyalgia, peripheral neuropathy, heart valve leackage, and systemic autoimmune disease. Can being in a car accident cause a Hiatal Hernia. I was a passenger in a car that was T boned on the drivers side. I hit my head, ribs, all on left side of body. had my seat belt on. car was totaled. This was back last Nov 2010. since the accident I have a lot of gas, bloating, hicups, burping, and worse, when I do house work vacuuming, mopping etc I have violent vomiting were I am left so weak and shaking. I finnally had tests that show I have a Hiatal Hernia. Thank you, Any infomation would be appreciated

Hello Doctor, I am having sudden pain in my chest on left side (Heart Side) from last 3-4 days. The pain comes as a sharp pain and remains there for a few seconds. Also, sometimes I am having pain at that location for few minutes (In this case...

No thank you. I know all to well everything I can about chronic fatigue and myalgia . I happen to be the first one to keep testing positive for just about everything and even when I am a number in a study, I can see myself. All the boxes are...

Hello Doctor, My brother was having typhoid fewer in month XXXXXXX 2017. But after recovery from typhoid fever since 3months he is having severe pain in both legs. He has taken many antibiotics during this typhoid fewer.. He has consulted...

I ve had chronic low grade fever, extreme fatigue, sore throat, muscle and joint aches, and head/neck pain for about two months. Any blood test I had came back normal. I m waiting on lymes disease bloodwork to come back. If it were RA or fibromyalgia, would low white blood cell count be indicated? Thank you.

I had three back surgeries within one months time last surgery March 3, 2013. Sciatica. The surgeon nicked my dura sac, he did not realize just how bad I was until he went in for the surgery. I ended up with a hematoma and had my second surgery. Then I got sepsis and had my third surgery. It has been a little over a year now and I am in a lot of pain. Back, buttock and down the leg on the right side. I did have pain in both legs before the surgery. The pain is unbearable most of the time. I saw him today and he said there is nothing I can do for you. He said the hematoma caused nerve damage. My life is pretty much nonexsistence. I also have arthritis in my back and have fibromyalgia. Just how much of this is it the doctors fault for what happened to me? I also developed ulnar neuropathy and my rotator cuffs are bad. I have tingling, numbess, pins and needles in my left hand pretty much all the time. What they cannot figure out is why I have pain from my shoulder down to my hand. They say it is not caused from my neck.