What causes muscle ache along with itchy and painful blisters on the legs and arms?

My 76 year old friend has painful muscle ache, itchy and very painful blisters especially on backs of upper legs, rear end, torso, arms and hands. Tongue is white. Dermatologist did biopsy of blisters, but it sounds systemic to me. A virus? related to pox? Allergic reaction?
Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
The symptoms seem to be related to internal shingles.
Common symptoms of internal shingles are:
-muscle ache
-itchy and painful blisters

The biopsy that you have already done will confirm the cause and further treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.