What causes mucus discharge from the rectum?

I have had a “worm” feeling in my rectum (going on 8months) and little bubbles coming out of my anus. It causes so much discomfort I can’t even function. I’ll occassionally have mucus come from my rectum as well. I’ve been tested for pin worms and that was negative. Any ideas what it could be?
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

You have not given any information about your age and sex. Possible causes for this condition are dysentery, bacillus dysentery, hemorrhoids, fissures with infection, proctitis and if you are more than 55 years you also need to rule out malignancy. sometimes your lifestyle also causes this, if you are a male and a homosexual your sex life may also play a role. Consult a general surgeon for examination with proctoscope for further evaluation and treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu 's  Response

You have not provided information about your age and sex.please provide it. Possible causes for your condition may be simple dysentery, bacillus dysentery, hemorrhoids, fissures with infection, proctitis. If your age>50yrs, you have to consider malignancy. Sometimes your sexual lifestyle also may cause such case, if you are a male and homosexual. Is there any pain present??? If so, is the pain progressing or bearable and the amount of discharge increased over months? You need to consult a general surgeon and undergo proctorscopy for further evaluation and treatment.