What causes mild kidney pain ?

What can cause dull kidney pain?
Tue, 27 Dec 2011
Hi ,
Diana ,
It can be due to small stone or crystals.

My kidneys hurt wen I m on my feet to long or wen I m laying down. They randomly hurt at times and usually its only one side. Yesterday it was both and it was sharp pulling pains. I almost couldn t stand anymore. I m not peeing blood and it does not hurt when I urinate. I m an 18 yr old female. What can it be?

hi, I have kidney stones. Had a CT that showed 4 stones in left kidney that measure 0.7 x0.3 cm and a single faint stone in right kidney measuring 0.2 cm. I have had numerous stones, have never been able to pass any of them on my own. Have had a 24 hour urine and stone analysis that showed calcium oxalate and really try to do the diet recommended. I continue to form stones...the last one about 1 year ago requiring basket extraction. Is this size stone passable without intervention. I have had lithotripsey 2 -3 times and my old urologist said I could no longer do it as there is a risk of shock injury to my pancreas and potential for developing diabetes??? Is this true.? I have a new Dr (because other retired) and he wants to do litho. What are my options? Also, my pain is intermittent at times and at other times is constant and is located right at my Left kidney region. Do you only experience pain when it is in the ureters. Does the kidney itself have pain nerve endings? Can these pass or what is the size stone that is to large to pass.

Since early October I have been experiencing pain in the area of my left kidney. I started taking 30 mg of Vyvanse in September. At first I thought it was simply back pain and saw a chiropractor and had massages but after several adjustments the pain continued. I went to my doctor and was told I most likely had kidney stones since they found blood in my urine but I have had a history of blood in my urine since I was 6 (I am now 45). The source of that blood was never discovered although I have had repeated tests over the years. After the pain continued my doctor referred me to a urologist and I have had renal and bladder ultrasounds and ct scans all of which showed no evidence of kidney stones. There is also no evidence of infection. Today my doctor did a cystoscopy and my bladder is fine and my prostrate is slightly enlarged. She stated there was no blood in my urine today but larger than normal amounts of protein. She has referred me to a nephrologist. I am wondering if there has been any evidence of Vyvanse causing kidney pain as it began shortly after beginning to take this drug.