What causes medial nerve in the wrist to triple in size and severe pain in ulnar nerve?

What would cause my medial nerve in wrist to triple in size for about 5 min? It was burning very bad. Hand went into muscle spasm. Then I was left with big black and blue mark at bend spot in wrist. I had a third right occipitial nerve block on Dec 9, but this happened on the 19th. My ulnar nerve is trapped and the pain is worse than before the shot. The PA at pain mngt doesn't know anything. She said maybe I just hit my arm and don't remember. I also have TMJ, every disc is herniated or bulging in neck and spine. I had a discectomy w/ fusion at c3-6. Also had bilateral TMJ surgery in 2009. I am on neuronton and nucyenta but neither are touching the pain. I just don't even know what to say to the nurse to be able to get a message to my provider anymore. I just am in so much pain I'm shaking. Thank you
Wed, 18 Jan 2017