• question-icon

What causes lump on upper inner thigh?

I have a large lump on my upper inner thigh, close to the groin area. It is about 5inches long, about 3 inches wide and feels like at least 2 inches deep. I found it about 2 days ago. it has become very painfull. I have an Appt to see my Dr. in about 3 days. but i have started carrying a high fever for the last 2 days. Also, suffer from reacurring acute Pancreatitis. (non-alcohol related). could this high fever cause an Pancreatitis flair up. It kinda feels like I getting one. Any advise please.
Thu, 24 Jul 2014
welcome to Health care magic.
1.The lump what you are seeing / feeling could be lymph nodes.
2.Lymph nodes do arise after any infection / inflammation or underlying malignant causes.
3.The pancreatilts will give its symptoms with pain.
4.If you are my patient i would ask for a ultrasound scan to see the condition of your pancreas status, and lumps what you feel - to confirm about the lymph nodal mass.
5.An FNAC will be good idea to find out the reason behind.
6.Get a complete investigate you with lab and imaging - as nodes does not develop simply.
7. Hope it helps you.
Anything to ask ? do not hesitate. Thank you.