What causes lump on nipple?

Small lump has appeared on surface the tip, just off to the side of right nipple, Not on breast or areola on the actual nipple. There is no head like a pimple, have tried to squeeze it in case it is, but nothing. It can be uncomfortable at times but not often. It is basically the same colour as the rest of my nipple but is paler and more white on the top of the bump.
Tue, 5 May 2015
Hematologist 's  Response
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.
You may have nipple adenoma, cyst, some benign breast lesion or cancer. You should go for mammography and biopsy of that lump. It will give you exact diagnosis. Then you should take treatment accordingly.
Consult your doctor and plan accordingly.
Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.