What causes lump on neck?

i have had a gel like lump on my neck for aseveral months - comes, and goes, a little tender now , no other symtoms, was checked out with body scan and head scan in april - not for this however..everything good also had full metabolic blood tests in May as well all good ??
Mon, 15 Sep 2014
Welcome to Health care magic.

1.The history and features suggest most possible cause could be lymph nodal enlargement.
2.Lymph nodal enlargement can be due to any infection / inflammation local or systemic.
3.Other possible cause could be any glandular lesion, finally vascular cause.
4.To conclude, after examination needs to get an ultrasound examination done - that will help in assessing the nature of the lesion, its source and extensions.
5.Depending on findings if mass - a needle sample might be needed and treated accordingly. Good luck.

Hope it helps you. Wish you a good health.
Anything to ask ? do not hesitate. Thank you.