What causes lump on eyelid after blepharoplasty?

i had upper blepharoplasty done...i now have a protruding lump on my upper eyelid...my surgery was 5 weeks ago and everything has healed but I have a very noticeable bump. How long does it take for the internal stitches to dissolve and will the lump go away once it has dissolved?
Mon, 9 Mar 2015
Hi! Good morning. I am Dr Shareef answering your query. Although it requires a physical examination of the lump to opine on it, I suppose this could be a hematoma (collection of blood) post operatively. This would get absorbed gradually and possibly would subside by then. However, if it did not, then I would advise you to get it reviewed by a general surgeon who might advise you for an FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) for having a cytological diagnosis for an appropriate treatment.

I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/treating doctor in further management of your problem. Please do not hesitate to ask in case of any further doubts.

Thanks for choosing health care magic to clear doubts on your health problems. I wish you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.