What causes lump on ankle and swelling on ankle and leg?

I have swelling in my legs & ankels sometimes, more so in the left one. I have had the Doppler test for DVT which was negative. My left leg appears misshapen to me at times. There was a small lump down towards the ankle slightly to the left and side. I haven t know who to go to or exactly how to get it diagnosed.
Wed, 25 Nov 2015
Hi,Dear,Welcome with your query to HCM.
Studied your query in full depth of its details.Reviewed it in context of your health concerns.
Based On the facts,Varicose Veins with Incompetent Valves of the left leg,seems to be your suffering,though your Doppler is negative for DVT.This appears to be early venous insufficiency with?Anaemia.
Other causes of the Cardiac failure / or Lymphatic system failure needs to be ruled out by Surgeon / Vascualr Surgeon.
USG/Lymphangiography with Blood Tests for Microfilaria and other causes need to be ruled out in your case.
You need to check with the Physician and Surgeon by physical check up and by lab and xray tests.
This reply would help you to plan further treatment soon with your treating doctors.Best of Luck and early recovery.
Welcome any further query in this regard,which would be replied in next
session.
Good Day!!
Dr.Savaskar M.N.
Senior Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS