What causes lump and itchiness around the area of stitches?

I gave birth four weeks ago vaginally in which I had a second degree tear. My stitches have disappeared, I assume they have dissolved. However, the area where the stitches are is still slightly uncomfortable when sitting, is extremely itchy, and has a small, skin colored lump. Any ideas on what this may be? Thank you.
Mon, 21 Apr 2014
HI
Thank for asking to HCM
If the stitches were taken then the possibility of some stitches material might be there (Undissolved) this is happens some time and this possibility need to be ruled out, second hyper-granulation tissue could be the cause, in either condition you need to see the surgeon, hope this information helps you, take care and have nice day.