What causes lower backache while suffering from gallstones?

Hi, I had a gallbladder attack 3 days ago and turns out I have small gallstones. The only pain I m having now is a dull aching pain in my lower right side of my back. I can t bare the thought of surgery. I heard about a medication Ursodiol (Actigall) or Chenodiol (Chenix). Would this help to dissolve the stones? And am I able to purchase it over the counter? I am a 56 yr old Fem. CBD measures upto 3.4 mm, not dialated....what does this mean? It was in my paperwork from the ER.
Thu, 5 Sep 2019

For gall bladder inflammation you can complete the course of prescribed antibiotic for seven days. I suggest you take anti inflammatory medication as well for five days.

You are right. The ursodeoxycholic acid tablet can dissolve gall stone but not in all case. You can take it for one or two month.

If you have repeated gall stone induced pain than you should undergone operation to remove gall bladder laproscopically.

Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician