• question-icon

What causes lightheadedness in patients with stent insert?

I had a stent put in last november. I have felt pretty good since. now am experiencing lightheadedness. not as bad when i am sitting worse when i stand up and wqalk around. also have type 2 diabetes. no chest pain. can this be caused from my medicines?
Wed, 27 Nov 2019
Neurologist 's  Response

First of all, you should control the blood glucose well, because the fluctuation of the blood glucose affects the autonomic nervous system resulting in vascular instability and autonomic neuropathy.

Second, you should do some investigations such as: Kidney function tests, eye examination every 6 months.

The regular check of your blood pressure and glucose level is important.

Finally, your diet should be adjusted according to the blood glucose level and your daily activities, besides decreasing salt and fat intake every day.

The absent of chest pain in the diabetic patient does not exclude a heart disease, because of autonomic neuropathy.

The hormonal therapy for women such as oral pills or a replacement therapy should be adjusted with a gynacologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dr/Mustafa, Neurologist