• question-icon

What causes left shoulder blade pain?

My left shoulder blade has been painful for 10 days now, I ve rested it, taken paracetamol / ibuprofen alternately every 2hours, tries hot & cold compresses & pain relief gel but nothing is helping! ... I ve had no obvious injury and dont think it s through awkward sleepIing position. It s a cramp like pain and I occasionally get an electrical shock feeling un the shoulder blade ...
Mon, 2 Dec 2019

I suggest you to do MRI or Ct scan and a blood test. There are many causes that can give you these symptoms like bad posture, lifting heavy things, heart problems musculoskeletal disorders etc. I suggest to do MRI abdominal ultrasound Electrocardiogram and blood test.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Blerina Pasho, General & Family Physician
General & Family Physician Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi's  Response

Your symptoms seem to be related to a pinched nerve in the shoulder. I suggest using anti inflammatory medications such as Acetaminophen to relieve the symptoms. I also suggest to avoid movements that can trigger the symptoms. If the symptoms continue, I suggest to see a neurologist for further evaluation.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician