What causes laceration or ulceration on left tonsil?

I have what appears to be a laceration or ulceration of some kind located on my left tonsil (or behind it) there is no puss, no bleeding, no severe pain (but i can feel the most mild discomfort). it has been there for two days and appears to have worsened. (i have had a dry throat lately) no history of throat disease, occasional/retired smoker.
Wed, 22 Jul 2015
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello
Thanks for asking HCM
There are chances you have enlarged tonsils . They might be enlarged either due to nasal infection or dental carries or reflux disease.
There are crypts or opening on the surface of tonsil. You must be looking at that. Otherwise an ulcer In throat pains like anything.
You need to look for the cause I described earlier, and get treatment accordingly.
In doubt do reply.