What causes knee pain when bending the knees?

I m experiencing pain around both my knees. I can t bend my knees in a baseball catcher stance. I work as a track worker and I m concerned I may not be able to bend down to do my work. I ve tried Vicks vapor rub. It only takes away the pain to help me sleep, but the symptoms are still there. What can I do?
Sat, 6 Oct 2018
Addiction Medicine Specialist 's  Response

The location and movement of a pain give clues as to what is going on cannot say in your particular case, but generally, one can tell if the knee problem is on the inside out outside and the severity and treatment is totally different. I examine legs and knees all day and kneel with the knee on the concrete many times a day. The outside is sore, bruised, locally tender and responds to simple Aspirin.

But the movement is fine and the knee is stable. If there is movement with a lax knee joint, then the inside is messed up and surgery might be helpful but it is a much more serious condition.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Matt Wachsman,
Addiction Medicine Specialist