• question-icon

What causes jaw pain?

Hello Doctor, My Name is Vishal. Since three days my left jaw is paining a lot. I am not able to eat any food items even the biscuits/chewing gums. I dont know what might be the problem. Recently I was affected with cold, cough and fever. So I have been taking DayQuil and NyQuil pills for 2 days. All the three have been considerable reducing. Can this be a reason for my Jaw pain (left). what should be the immediate step I should follow. Please help me. Thank you for considering.
Mon, 8 Sep 2014
Dentist 's  Response
helloo...vishal ...read thru ur query....accordingly i must say it can be due to either cold and sinusitis or due to caries in the left teeth or if you have no wisdom tooth till now it might also cause pain...nothing to be worried...meet a dentist and get an xray get it relieved in the meantime you can do salt water gargle as many times as possible do steam inhalation morning and night take antibiotics(amoxicillin)as prescribed by ur doctor...stay calm and cool...be happy and meet a dentist and based on clinical condition get it treated....hope ur benefitted something from this reply..have a healthy day!!!