What causes itchy rashes all over the arms after blood donation?

Hi,I gave blood on Saturday and the next day I woke up with a rash all over both of my arms. It is very itchy. The inside of my elbows are both very red and warm. This is the third day that they are red, blotchy and itchy. Could this be a reaction? I have given blood in the past and this has never happened.
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Its unlikely for a rash to come after blood donation, simply because nothing is injected in your arm, apart from some amount of normal saline if at all the vein from where the blood is drawn is blocked. You can take an anti allergic tablet twice a day for 3-4 days to help eliminate the itch. Subsequently, I would suggest you get the rash reviewed by the concerned doctor as well.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.