What causes itching on the fingers and palm of the hand?

the palm of my hands and fingers itch mostly the spot on my hand below my thumb and the base of my fingers-middle and ring fingers, both hands. They get a sticky type of oozing small blister type of yuckyness and ultimately end with open huge cracks that hurt like crazy and ITCH!!! I have not changed shampoos or soaps, everything is the same as I have used for years. This started about 3 years ago. I have tried over the counter ointments and creams as well as RX and nothing is helping. Any suggestions?
Tue, 11 Jun 2019

It could be eczema or dermatitis.
As first-line management, you can apply low potency steroid creams like betamethasone for symptomatic relief. If the lesion persists, it is better to consult a dermatologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician