What causes itching in the stomach during pregnancy?

I am a 9 month pregnant lady. 2 months ago, i started feeling itchness with wound in my stomach. I contacted local doctor who said that this might be due to allergy especially because of consumption of Kola fish (Traditional fish in my area). Then I stopped eating that fish. But the problem still continues. Please tell me reason.
Sat, 23 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
The itching is due to streching of the skin because the volume of baby is increasing significantly the third trimester and especially last month. It is quite normal and isn't related to allergy or other pathological condition.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
General & Family Physician Dr. Olgeta Xhufka 's  Response
I think the itching at this last trimester of pregnancy is quite normal due to stretching of the skin since the volume of baby reaches the maximum.
There is nothing related to allergy or other illnesses.