What causes itching in the penis after intercourse?

I had sex once with my husband during my period........after one week we had sex again and something new happen when we finished sex his penis itches for a short time when he went and wash his penis with water the itches finished Do you know what might cause the penis to itch? ?
Fri, 25 May 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I think this itching may come due to a sexually transmited infection. You both need to be checked and treated. Take a vaginal secretion smeere for you and an uroculture for your husband. The treatment with be determined by the result of examinations.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.