What causes itching in the nose after a dental procedure?

I went to the dentist today and needed a crown. He injected me to numb before starting and everything was going fine. Then he injected me again and I felt a rush through both nares and told him what I felt. He just said wow. I felt that I had to sneeze and then the sneezing began and my right nare started running. 8 hrs later I can feel the itching inside my nose when I breath in and clear fluid running from my nose. Well this go away?
Thu, 1 Mar 2018
Dentist 's  Response
Hi..
Thanks for the query..

It looks like itching sensation inside the nostrils can be due to the reaction with the anaesthesia solution that is injected too close the the nares.

Do not worry as the symptoms will get better as the effect of the anaesthesia will subside..

For now you can use saline nasal drops and do cool compresses around the nostrils.

If there is excessive sneezing you can take Levocetrizine for relief.

Do steam inhalations..

If the symptoms does not improve in 1-2 days or continue to worsen consult an Emergency room and get checked..

Hope this helps..

Regards.