What causes itching in ears?

itchy ear canal and then when i stick a q tip down in it pushes something back in there , and i can also hear it being moved around by the qtip too. so i cant hear very well or at all out of that ear for like a week or so, and then when it does come back my ear is wet on the inside and itchy inside, but it will be sore as well. what is going on??
Mon, 29 Dec 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, thanks for your query.
Itching in the ear canal can be because of wax in the ear. Wettness during usage of Q tip can be because of Wax. Repeated usage of Q tip can cause soreness of the ear canal.
Gylcerin drops can be used to liquify the wax. Antihistamines can be taken for severe itching.