What causes itching at the tip of the penis in a 69-year-old?

I have been experiencing occasional itching at the tip of my penis in the urethra area. I m a 69-year old male. I m not sexually active...only about once a month these days. I ve been experiencing this for about 6 months, usually at night after I change into my pajamas and get ready for bed. This is just weird. Can you help me? Thank you!
Fri, 13 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It may be the clothes which are using at night may come in contact with tip of penis may gives rise to allergy. Other possibilities like eczema or urethritis or prostatitis etc.
Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is.
Apply moisturizer ,avoid irritants, use soft fabric for inner wear. If symptoms not improved please consult your dermatologist he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.