What causes itching around the mouth?

I am having problem, soling upper lip itching around the mouth and lips. it going on for a few daays now. all some etching around the mouth and lips. i wear dentures top and bottom. Need advice about what is going on with my mouth? Thanks for any help you can give.
Mon, 18 Jun 2018
Dentist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your explanation it looks like you have allergic reaction that is causing itching around the mouth and swelling of lips also known as Allergic Angioedema of lips.
You should consult an Emergency room and get evaluated.
A blood test can be done to rule out allergic reaction.
You can be advised anti allergic medicine like Allegra or Levocetrizine and also apply Calamine lotion around the lips for relieving itching and soothing the skin.
Do ice packs over the lips and around the lips.
Drink plenty of water.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Regards, Dr. Honey Arora.