• question-icon

What causes itching and small blisters on the back?

Hi, for the past three days my skin on my back has been itchy. I asked my husband to look, and he said I had small bumps, not red,and the middle of the had what he calls water bubbles ?? I don t know how else to describe them. My back itches and feels hot. It has been warm here and I work out side, I have been sweating a lot, but never had anything like this.
Thu, 28 Mar 2019
Dentist 's  Response
Hi Dear,

Understanding your concern. As per your query you have symptoms of itching and small blisters on the back which seems to be due to Angioedema, Impetigo, frictional heat generation which cause fluid filled blisters.

Need not to worry. I would suggest you to keep cleaning with hot water tub with epsom salt and apply over the counter antibiotics cream and take ibuprofen or acetaminophen for pain. If symptoms keeps on persisting you should consult dermatologist. If condition doesn't get well, Doctor may prescribe antibacterial or antifungal depending upon the diagnosis .

Hope your concern has been resolved.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Harry Maheshwari