What causes itching and red bumps on the skin?

I just started college in the south, and ever since I ve been here, once or twice a week I ll get a sudden itching sensation and about 20 little red bumps will be on my skin. I ve had two spots on my legs and two on my wrists. The bumps seem to come out of no where and itch very bad. Do you think this is a type of bug bite? or maybe a type of skin rash?
Mon, 3 Apr 2017

It may be lichen urticatus also called papular urticaria. It is a hypersensitive reaction to insects like bed bug,flea or else.

Kindly consult the dermatologist for the perfect diagnosis and proper treatment.

Antihistaminics like levocetirizine and steroid in tapering dose would improve the condition. Apply mild steroid cream. Avoid contact with insects.

Hope this would help you.

Dr.Ilyas Patel MD