What causes itching all over the body?

Just started to concern me over the last 5-6 days different areas on my skin will itch i can itch and itch but does not seem to take care of the itch, but soon will go away and nothing for several hours. no bumps rash poison oak no food allergies new soaps lotions detergents or medications. my skin des not show signs of drynessIt has been on my wrist once, once alittle on my head but no more, my arch of foot calf of leg, on my hand between fingers. the itch feels like a mosquito bit but no bump or bite i can see. even has felt itchy on my face a couple times but not where I felt like i had to scratch and scratch. I just put caladryl on my fore leg and upper foot arch and i dont itch at the moment. If contiues I will make an appointment with my doctor on tuesday
Fri, 3 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Itchy skin, also known as pruritus, is an irritating and uncontrollable sensation that makes you want to scratch to relieve the feeling. The possible causes for itchiness include internal illnesses and skin conditions.
1. Hives
2. Dry skin
3. Food allergy
4. Scabies infection
5. Biliary obstruction, etc.
Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Avoid allergens that aggravate the problem (animal dander or pollen or cold environment). Use aloe vera cream locally, use tablet Atarax twice a day for 5 days. If symptoms not improved please consult your dermatologist he will examine and treat you accordingly. Take care.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Generalized itching may be due to:
1. Hives
2. Scabies
3. Food allergies
4. End stage renal problem
5. Obstructive jaundice, etc.
Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Avoid allergic creams or soaps or lotions on the body application. Use aloe vera cream locally, use tablet Cetirizine twice a day for five days. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu