Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

What causes itchiness and bumps in the crack?

I have had an itching problem in my anus area for over ten years. I have prviously been diagnosed and had surgery for periannal fistulas. The doc said good luck it'll probly come back. It has, I "leak" on a daily basis out of my buttox. The itching has gotten so bad and now there are now bumps in my crack like allergy hives. I dont trust any doctors, as they just reffer me to a surgeon and say, well I just dont know. Any creams or ointments I can try besided hydrocortizone or witch hazel. I have recently been putting baby butt cream down there for the hell of it to see if there is any result.

reply to YYYY@YYYY 3

Asked On : Fri, 14 Mar 2014
Answers:  1 Views:  6
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Well come to HCM
I really appreciate your concern, I had gone through the history given here and it seems to be chronic itching, may be eczema, but it can not be this much chronic like 10 years, looking to this it could be functional pruritic condition, You can try Hydroxyzine tablet three times in day.
If the worm infestation is not being ruled out then better to rule this out, I would suggest to give try with Mebendazole 100 mg once in day repeat the dose every one for consecutive three weeks (One tablet once in week )
hope this information helps.
Answered: Mon, 17 Jul 2017
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor