What causes irregular periods?

hey doctor,

i had a miscarriage 3rd October 2013, it was a normal miscarriage i started bleeding on my 6th week of pregnancy. after that i had my periods 3rd of November for 3/4 days normal bleeding, then again on 29th November i started bleeding only for 1 night before getting periods i was having lower abdominal cramps from almost 1 week. today 25th December i am having brownish virginal discharge mild cramps on and off from few days. i feel cramps on my left side more. me and my husband trying for a baby. kindly need your help.

regards,
Mon, 14 Apr 2014
Hi.You should get one follow up scan done to see if the procedure was complete or not. There should be no irregular bleeding after a miscarriage. Did you get it terminated medically or D&C done. However the dates which you are telling are not that irregular. 5-7 days before or after does not matter much.but the reason for cramping and spotting must be ruled out by a scan.
I will also advise you to consult your dr. and get investigated for the cause of this miscarriage before next conception and hence treatment for that.
Thanks.