What causes irregular periods and vaginal spotting?

m reaching out regarding my irregular periods and bleeding I m experiencing. My periods have changed as far as cycle length. It s been pretty consistent for the most part, but 6 months ago I started noticing a change. I ve been tracking since January and my first dates have been as follows: 1/24/18,2/18/18,3/12/18,4/4/18 & 5/4/18. This month, I have been bleeding on and off most days. I was not sexually active from 01/2016-01-2018. Have been since January. This month I have been intimate on 5/10, 5/12, 5/14 and 5/17. After these days I noticed bright red spotting that would stop after a day. On 5/19, there was sexual activity that happened, and the bleeding has not stopped since. It s actually consistent bleeding that makes me wonder if this is a very early period happening. I did labs last week and there was a pregnancy test done that came back negative, so im not thinking along those lines. Any idea what could be happening?
Mon, 8 Oct 2018

You can get an gynecologist check your cervix, a simple speculum examination can rule out any kinda erosion or ulcer in your cervix. Also wise to do a vaginal scan and rule out the possibility of polyps. Meet your gynecologist on an urgent basis.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Diviya Arun,
OBGYN