What causes irregular periods and abdominal pain on the right side?

I am a 26 year old female with 2 kids, the past couple of months I ve had irregular bleeding, I ve bled 3 different times this month and along with that, I m having pain in my right side. I have an iud birth control but I haven t had any trouble with it and I ve been on it for a year.
Tue, 10 Apr 2018

You have Dysmenorrhea but it is cause should be ruled out. You said you have IUD. Consult a gynecologist who placed it. Ensure that it is a proper placement.

She will also examine for other cervix problem. Also get ultrasound abdomen done to rule out endometriosis or other pathology.

Primary dysmenorrhea without any causes can be treated by progestin therapy after mid menstrual cycle.

It is taken daily for 5 to 10 days and bleeding usually start within 3 to 7 days. As it is prescription drug you have to consult a gynecologist.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Hiren Hirpara