What causes involuntary movements in the head?

My 14 year old son will on occasion have involuntary turning of his head to the right. He knows when it happens but doesn t know why it is happening. It s a quick movement, almost like he is looking over his shoulder. What could this be? Should we be concerned?
Fri, 15 Mar 2019

It may be myotonia or dystonia of the muscle of the neck. It may be genetic or drugs or anxiety or it may be a part of seizures.

Until examination is done it is difficult to say what is the cause. Please consult your neurophysician/physician they will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Penchila Prasad Kandikattu , Internal Medicine Specialist