What causes inter menstrual bleeding?

Hi I m 20 years old, I have two children and for my last two menstrual cycles I have been bleeding between periods. I m on no contraception, there s no chance I m pregnant and I m worried. This time it s worse, I have bad cramps, the bleeding is a medium flow, urinating more frequently, loss of appetite, nausea, bloated and I m very tender down there. My doctors practice is closed due to the holidays so was hoping for some advice until I can see my doctor
Wed, 18 Jan 2017
I understand your concern. Based on your your description, it appears that the reason why you are having inter-menstrual bleeding could be due to the presence of pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). Kindly get an ultrasound scan of the abdomen done and consult Gynecologist with the report promptly for clinical evaluation and appropriate management.

Hope the information provided would be helpful. Let me know if I can assist you further. All the best.

Dr. Ashakiran S