What causes inter menstrual bleeding while on Depo Provera?

I have a regular 31 day cycle. It is Feb 13, I am 7dpo and I have 9 days until my next expected period. This morning I had slight bleeding, now it is approaching the afternoon and I d say it s at like a medium flow right now. Not too light, not too heavy, and it is red in color. Can this be implantation bleeding despite the fact that it s heavier than spotting?
Thu, 31 May 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

This could be related to side effects of the drug or implantation bleeding. In either case it's advisable to get an ultrasound abdomen to rule out Pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.