What causes intense itching of skin on wrists, ankles, legs, feet, back?

Hello. I have been having intense itching of the skin with no rash for about three months. Cortizone creams and antifungals or lotions for dry skin do not help at all. The itching can occur anywhere and moves from place to place. It has occured on my wrists, ankles, legs, feet, and back at various times. I wondered if there were any possible internal causes such as kidney or liver problems that could cause this. What tests could be run to find out? I am miserable!
Tue, 13 Aug 2019