What causes intense burning sensation in the chest and stomach?

for the past 2 weeks, ive had an intense burning in my chest/stomach area every day. it comes and goes throughout the day. I suppose it's similar to heartburn, but ive never had heartburn that I know of. also for probably a year at least once a day, my heart beats really fast for a few seconds and I get kind of short of breath and lightheaded during those times. im concerned that I may be having heart issues.
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Intense burning sensation in the stomach may be due to gastritis or Peptic ulcer disease or Irritable bowel syndrome etc. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Avoid spicy food and alcohol avoid smoking and caffeine drinks. Use tablet Pantoprazole before breakfast for one week. If symptoms not improved please consult your doctor he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Burning sensation in the stomach may be due to gastritis or peptic ulcer disease or infections or pancreatitis etc. Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Avoid spicy food and alcohol avoid smoking and caffeine drinks. Use tablet Nexium before breakfast for one week. If symptoms not improved please consult your gastroentrologist, he will do endoscopy and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query.